tagged me! Here goes...
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create ten (10) new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their pages and tell them you have tagged her/him.
6. No tag backs.
7. No crap in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this." You have to tag 10 people.
Ten Things About Me:
Wow... where to start.
1) I'm currently between career/study paths, I've tried; psychology and creative writing at uni, baking at Tafe, I was a filing clerk for 2 years and my current plan is to join the police academy. My life has always been a tad sporadic so sometimes it can be hard to find something I want to stick to. The one thing I've always wanted to be was a 50's housewife, but I might have to wait for that one until I get married
2) I've played computer games my whole life starting with the original Warcraft. My preferred system to play on is my computer but I own a PS3 and a DS as well.
3) I was a complete bookworm when I was a teenager, I would actually hang out in the school library at lunch time to read or talk to the librarians. The reading passion died down when I hit high school and had too much school work but now the passion has completely reignited with comic books and The Song of Ice and Fire series.
4) One of the few crafting hobbies that my mum taught me that I can do by myself is cross stitching. I'm a terrible drawer but cross stitch allows me to create a wonderful picture with ease. So far I have completed a set of 4 baby aussie animals. They are very adorable and I can't wait to get it framed and hang it for everyone to see. The thought of my children proudly hanging it on their wall gives me tingles too.
5) I am a huge comic book nerd. I don't just mean I like them, I KNOW soo much about comics I haven't even read yet. The one question I always ask people to prove my knowledge is more vast than theirs is: "How many Robin's have there been in Batman comics?" Most just stare at me thinking it's a trick question, especially when I point out that there was a female Robin too. Clearly a DC girl as 75% of my collection is of that persuasion and the rest is Marvel. Robin is in fact my favourite character, not Batman. A lot of my friends currently see me as Batgirl however, and on occasion I have forced people to declare that I was her (especially the time I had to climb on the roof to help fix a part after heavy rain). I actually climbed over that roof in a skirt and school shoes the day I left my keys inside the house and didn't want to wait for an hour and a half til my brother got home. I have my impressive moments
6) I currently have two cats, though through my life I have had 7. I love something about their independent nature which makes it even more meaningful when they show their love for you. My mum's cat would occasionally sleep on top of her... Now that is true love haha!
7) I tried almost every sport at school but the one that I liked the most was field hockey. I'm pretty good with a stick and I make a very terrifying defender, I was never afraid to run straight at the opposition and in the line of fire of the ball... throw in a little screaming and watch the player shake in the boots and miss the pass or shot. I'm also an excellent sprinter which meant I could catch up to a striker and get in their way... that tactic only got me a concussion once.
8) My family has always been very musical, my mother was a choral singer and my father is a composer. I can sing pretty well, I also own and can play the clarinet and bass clarinet. I own a piano but I can't really play very well. I spent 10 years of my life (from the age of 8-18) in a church choir, while I may miss it I wouldn't go back.
9) I have suffered from headaches and migraines since I was 9 years old. They started as bad headaches and my parents couldn't figure out what was causing them, and then one day the migraines joined the party and we all realised I was doomed to suffer them. I currently have to take daily medication for them and preventatives when I feel a migraine coming on. Frustrating but effective. As much as they are a part of me, I wouldn't be sad to see them go. My friend and I have had the minor debate of what would be worse, my headaches or his leg cramps, we couldn't decide in the end.
Last one... Hmmm.
10) I grew up with English comedy shows and SciFi. The weirdest thing is that a lot of my guy friends have watched Star Trek, where as I watched Lost in Space instead (which came out a YEAR before Star Trek).
1) PC or Mac? PC... the only Apple product I own is an iPod touch...
2) Android or iPhone? ANDROID. I love my HTC One X, it has pretty much everything I could ask for... I just wish it had some awesome cases.
3) Facebook or Tumblr? Facebook, I've never used Tumblr.
4) SciFi or Fantasy? Oh man... that's a tough question. If I had to pick one I'd prob say SciFi, but I think I would die a little inside without my fantasy.
5) Paper books or eBooks? This is a tough one, because I've always love to hold an actual book in my hand. I own a kindle and it is actually super convienient as it is light, easy to read from, my case has a light for night reading and I can download books to read. I could never read a comic book on it though, that would just kill me. So I fix this by having both.
6) Bright colors or neutral ones? I do like me some bright colours, but you need a healthy mix of both.
7) Big cities or open spaces? I like open spaces but I prefer living in a city with everything close by (especially hospitals in an emergency).
8) Morning person or night owl? My favourite part of the day is a sunrise but I am natively a night owl. Playing games late into the night is more fun and if I stay up long enough I can still watch a beautiful sunrise.
9) Summer or winter? Being Aussie I have a natural tolerance for heat but I love cuddling up in a blanket during winter. It fits with my preference to stay at home instead of going out and it means I can wear all my awesome jumpers.
10) Oceans or mountains? Ooh... Mountains. I do love a good hike. I don't think water could beat the adventure of exploring a forest.
1) Favourite childhood cartoon?
2) If you could have any superpower, what would you choose?
3) Favourite way to express your artistic self?
4) Favourite classic Disney movie?
5) Favourite game, book tv show (or all three)?
6) If you could have been born in any era, which would you choose?
7) Favourite scent?
8) If you could be serenaded by any musical artist, who would you pick and what would they sing?
9) A food you cannot live without?
10) If you could trade lives with an animal for a day, which life would you pick?
Tag. *Runs away*